Star's Extend-A-Star Program
Every Star printer comes with a standard depot warranty. You have the option of extending or upgrading that warranty.
Standard warranty is a return to depot warranty. The average turnaround for the repaired printer is 3 – 5 days from receipt of the printer. Standard warranty is 3 years parts and 1 year labor. The Printhead and autocutter are covered for parts and labor for 1 year under standard warranty.
The Extended Warranty Option adds a 3 or 4 year period to the standard warranty. Extended coverage includes all parts and labor and includes the Printhead and autocutter.
After acceptance a confirmation packet will be sent with instructions on what to do should the printer fail.
- Star Extended Warranty must be purchased within 30 days of printer purchase
- Product repaired by the manufacturer to ensure quality workmanship
Star's Swap-A-Star Program
Considering the down-time through standard warranty repair the best solution is Star's Swap-A-Star program. With this program your replacement printer will be ordered the following business day for overnight delivery. The delivery will be set up for Monday – Friday.
Swap-a-Star: This will convert your standard warranty into an overnight exchange warranty. You can also purchase this warranty for extended years as well. In the event of a failure, you would contact Star and they will arrange to overnight a printer to your location.
- Must be purchased within 30 days of product purchase
- Not a one time event, coverage is for the duration of the agreement
- Shipping covered for damaged printer
- Replacement sent next business day after request.
- Printhead and autocutter assembly covered for the full 3 or 4yrs